One Day International (ODI) matches are always fun! Whether it is between any of the squads, it gets eye catching for the fans due to the intense suspense and mouth boggling performances by the squads representing worldwide. Though these matches were first played in early 70’s between Australia and England in Melbourne but they still hold a great importance when it comes to cricket faculty and huge panels.
Coming up to the ongoing ODI matches between Australia and Pakistan, 1st and 2nd ODI are already accomplished where Australia faced victorious glory by winning both the innings by 8 wickets and Pakistan had to face bad days both the time!
As per the ICC ODI rankings, Australia and Pakistan holds 5th and 6th position, respectively in the board of rankings where 48 matches have already been played by both the squads.
Australia’s travel to UAE to compete Pakistan in a five-match ODI series is one of the hottest topics featuring among the youngsters and oldies as well. The five matches ODI will be a nine days long period will help both the nations in World Cup series.
Highlights of the ODI series
- Shoaib Malik is hosting the men in green squad.
- Aaron Finch is leading the Aussies this series.
- Previously Pakistan played with South Africa but again faced a 3-2 defeating situation. This time, with the Aussies again the squad is lacking behind with 2 matches.
- Australia succeeded in winning over India in the last ODI series with a score of 3-2.
- Aussies will be looking forward to consolidate the winning momentum this ODI series.
- The first most ODI match, Australia won over Pakistan by 8 wickets @Sharjah (Sharjah Association Cricket Stadium) on 22 March 2019. Pakistan won the toss and the target set by opting to bat first was of 280 runs at a loss of 5 wickets (Imam-ul-Haq, Shan Masood, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Faheem Ashraf), intersecting to which the Aussies rewarded itself a win win situation by overcoming the battle with a loss of only 2 wickets (Aaron Finch, Usman Khawaja).
- Haris Sohail took the show as he scored a brilliant unbeaten 101 from 114 delivered balls which included 6 fours and a six.
- Aaron Finch who blasted his 12th ODI ton scoring 116 from 135 deliveries which included 8 fours and 4 sixes.
- Playing XI for Pakistan in 1st ODI were Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Amir, Umar Akmal, Yasir Shah, Haris Sohail, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Rizwan, Shan Masood, Imad Wasim, Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Abbas.
- Playing XI for Australia 1st ODI were Shaun Marsh, Aaron Finch (c), Usman Khawaja, Glenn Maxwell, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Nathan Lyon, Peter Handscomb, Adam Zampa, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey (wk), Jhye Richardson
- In the 2nd ODI match, held on 24 March 2019, though Malik won the toss and decided to bat first, the squad managed to build a target of 284 in 50 complete overs, with a loss of 7 wickets (Imam-ul-Haq, Shan Masood, Haris Sohail, Mohammand Rizwan, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Faheem Ashraf) where on the other hand, Finch’s squad scored 285 with the loss of 2 wickets namely (Usman Khawaja and Glenn Maxwell) and around 13 balls left unplayed.
The Upcoming ODI 3rd on 27’March’19
The ODI series are now moving towards the middle-lane where Aussies are ahead of Pakistan with 2 victories and Pakistan is yet to open the winning account. Australia continued its good run in the ODIs with another victory; Pakistan really needs to buck up for this time, indeed as Australia is just a single victory away from back to back leading the ODI series.
Even you can enjoy the match, by creating your own squad tomorrow at Fantasy Power 11 inclusive of numerous cash rewards and other icing on the cakes.
Probable playing XI will be as follows:
While Pakistan made a change from their squad in the 1st ODI, Australia left it untouched and unchanged. In the 3rd ODI PAKvsAUS, the predicted squad can be-
- Probable Pakistan playing XI: Imam-ul-Haq, Shan Masood, Haris Sohail, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik , Faheem Ashraf, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Rizwan, Yasir Shah, Mohammad Abbas, Mohammad Hasnain.
- Probable Australia playing XI: Usman Khawaja, Aaron Finch , Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Jhye Richardson, Nathan Lyon, Adam Zampa.
Some Facts Unknown
- Faheem Ashraf has been declared resting for the last three ODIs, making way for Usman Khan Shinwari or Junaid Khan – who haven’t shake their leg in the series yet – to show their claims in the Pakistan World Cup squad.
- Imad Wasim will play the floater role in the death overs in Faheem’s absence.
- Yasir Shah might once again stay on a conductive pitch for spinners.
- Jhye Richardson injured himself in the first innings and is declared aloof for the rest of the tour.
- The batting unit is with Aaron, and the others also chipping in when required