The group of playing off finals who have made it in the VIVO IPL 2019 are Mumbai Indians, Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals and Sunrisers Hyderabad where the IPL 2019 table-toppers CSK will take on MI in Qualifier 1 on May 7. After 56 matches and 44 days, 4 teams have booked playoff berths in the 2019 Indian Premier League. These 4 teams will go through to the next stage and battle it out for the title.
Mumbai Indians finished the final league against the Kolkata Knight Riders with a nine wicket against the same setting a mouthwatering qualifier 1 against the Chennai Super Kings at the MA Chidambaram on 7th May 2019 where the Mumbai Indians have a history of not losing the game even for once. Beyond the first qualifier, the eliminators will be played on 8th and 10th May 2019. The winner of Qualifier 1 will reach the final, while the loser will play the winner of the Eliminator in Qualifier 2. The winner of Qualifier 2 will progress to the final, which is scheduled to be held on May 12 at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad. The Eliminator and second Qualifier are scheduled to be played at the Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam.
- Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians have won the IPL three times. Sunrisers Hyderabad had won the IPL once in 2016 and reached the final in 2018 precisely. Delhi Capitals have never reached the final of IPL 2019 so this can be a crucial one for the Delhi people.
- CSK, DC and MI are the most lime-lighted and consistent teams of the IPL 2019 season and this time as well they grabbed the first three spots of the playing off, the most hurried ones!
- Each of the top three teams finished with nine wins and five losses, but they had contrasting starts to their seasons.
- Chennai is the only team who has lost just one of its first eight fixtures and had one foot in the playoffs. The remaining three teams that eventually qualified for the playoffs were having difficulty stringing two-three wins together.
- Mumbai was a lot more consistent in the league phase this season compared to the last, and its consistency was a major factor in it securing qualification for the playoffs with a match to spare.
Mumbai Indians Playing Squad: Rohit Sharma (c), Kieron Pollard, Jason Behrendorff, Suryakumar Yadav, Quinton de Kock, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan, Alzarri Joseph, Krunal Pandya, Rahul Chahar.
Chennai Super Kings Playing Squad: Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni (C) , Ambati Rayudu, Dhruv Shorey, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, Imran Tahir.
Chepauk (MA Chidambaram Stadium) has been a strong hold for CSK as they successfully defeated each of their opponents except Mumbai on this ground. Mumbai gets to be tough for the Chennai Super Kings regardless of the home pitch advantages. MI were able to get the better off CSK both at the Chepauk and the Wankhede both the stadiums. Both the teams boast many game changers in their ranks whose performances will have a huge effect on the outcome of the match scheduled today.
Today’s match completely depend upon the playing strategy of both the qualifying squads. Where CSK has a huge record in the IPL 2019 series and previous series too, MI are recorded to be never defeated on the Chepauk Stadium.
The situation is dicey as for now, watch along Fantasy Power 11 and share your opinions for the today’s match.
Let us know through the comment section below and win exciting cash prizes by playing the fantasy ipl league together.