For the first time in this 12th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) will go into a game of favorites. After a convincing first most win against Kings XI Punjab (KXIP), RCB will now take on Mumbai Indians (MI) at the Wankhede Stadium today @8.00pm. This will be the 31st match of this league, almost more than half the way of the tournament.
In the previous deciding match of the RCB’s, they defeated the KXIP by 8 wickets, making their slightly visible spot in the IPL scoreboards. Mumbai Indians on the other hand, were quite boosted with the three win in the sequence, which ended somehow at the previous match with Rajasthan Royals.
Head to Head Statistics- The Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai Indians have competed for 24 matches in total in the IPL history so far, where 15 matches have been triumphed by Mumbai Indians.
- RCB and MI have played seven outings in the 12th edition of IPL so far. Out of this the Bangalorians have won only a single match against the KXIP and the Mumbai Indians have managed to win four of their seven matches.
- RCB and MI teams stand on to last and third position respectively on the IPL scoreboard.
- Mumbai Indians will be replacing Alzarri Joseph due to his injury in the previous match while defending the Rajasthan Royals.
- Malinga will be seen playing again in the IPL 2019 series from today’s match.
- AB de Villiers has said in one of his interviews that he loves playing at the Wankhede’s pitch. This may not be fruitful for the Rohit Sharma’s led Mumbai Indians as the team is predicted to be stumped in the presence of the most powerful player of the IPL table.
- According to the last match’s performance, RCB’s batting department looks exactly into the form and Mumbai Indians will be surely pressurized by this situation.
- Jasprit Bumrah is expected to show the same stable colors for Mumbai Indians as he is the most economical and one of the best squad members with the Mumbai Indians.
MI Probable XI: Rohit Sharma (C), Quinton de Kock (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Rahul Chahar, Jason Behrendorff, Lasith Malinga, Jasprit Bumrah.
RCB Probable XI: Parthiv Patel (wk), Virat Kohli (c), AB de Villiers, Moeen Ali, Marcus Stoinis, Akshdeep Nath, Pawan Negi, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj.
Since it is match between the two struggling to be among the top four teams in the IPL 2019, both the captains Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli are expected to boost their squads RCB and MI with utmost potential and bring out the best players on to the ground to get the title.
Fantasy Power 11 has been predicting the game under RCB this time, regardless of the stats and earlier performances. AB de Villiers has seen a little ray of hope in their teams, and will definitely not let it go into vain.
Whom are you predicting to get away with the title this time?
Do let us know in the comment section below.
Also, join the match together and win huge cash prizes for your favorite players.