CSK is among the most successful teams in the IPL history so far which has engraved the winning title thrice and has also achieved a stable spot in the top four teams for every time IT HAS PARTICIPATED in the IPL tournaments.
When Chennai Super Kings was banned by the BCCI faculty, for two years, it was bounded to take an emotional decision against the ban, keeping the old fervor alive.
Chennai Super King’s enthusiasm is as high as the Mount Everest and they clearly stated in the last season that the entitlement of the winning era does not get into any other hands than the CSK.
They managed to win the title in 2018 as well where they had no home ground advantage due to political campaigning in Chennai.
MS Dhoni and his led yellow army have already made it a blasting entry in the 12th edition of the Indian Premium League. They seem to be all set to successfully defend their title for the fourth time, this edition.
Chennai Super Kings have only lost a single match among the 7 played so far in the IPL 2019 tournament against the Mumbai Indians.
- The squad is full of experienced players like Dhoni, Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina, Shane Watson, and Harbhajan Singh who are also the part of CSK long success stories in the IPL tournaments.
- The batting led by Watson, who left a lasting impression last year and came into the IPL this year in excellent form having done so well at the PSL. Faf du Plessis has also been delightful touch while the Indian contingent is as strong as ever.
- One thing has been in favor of CSK squad, this season and i.e. mostly matches were lined up at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, giving them a huge benefit of home ground practice resulting into flying victory in almost all the matches till date.
- While their batting and spin bowling unit looks solid, the pace department is something which will make CSK slightly vulnerable.
- Mohit Sharma has been out for a while along with Shardul Thakur. Chahar also hasn’t had the best of times with the ball in recent times. Lungi Ngidi’s untimely injury which has forced him to pull out of the IPL has made matters worse for the defending champions.
Chennai Super Kings have been the one and only team who has been a part of the final four teams in the Indian Premium League for every time it has participated.
MS Dhoni (c), Suresh Raina, Faf du Plessis, M Vijay, Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Billings, Mitchell Santner, David Willey, Dwayne Bravo, Shane Watson, Imran Tahir, Kedar Jadhav, Ambati Rayudu, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, KM Asif, Karn Sharma, Dhruv Shorey, N Jagadeesan, Shardul Thakur, Monu Kumar, Chaitanya Bishnoi, Mohit Sharma, Ruturaj Gaikwad
So, this is the success story of Chennai Super Kings, the highest peak in the Indian Premium League history so far.
Do you wish to add some information?
Feel free to fill the comment section below. Your feedback will be valuable for us, always!